Last update: October, 2018
Galaxy Crowdfunding Pty Ltd ABN 71 622 444 142 ("us", "we", or "our") operates the https://galaxycrowd.fund website (the "Service").
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
- Service is the https://galaxycrowd.fund website operated by Galaxy Crowdfunding Pty Ltd ABN 71 622 444 142
- Personal information means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
Data Processors (or Service Providers)
- Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
- We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject (or User)
- Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal information.
Information Collection and Use
- We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
- While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal information"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
- The purpose for which we collect personal information is to provide you with the best service experience possible on the Service and for our internal business purposes that form part of normal business practices. Some provision of personal information is optional. However, if you do not provide us with certain types of personal information, you may be unable to enjoy the full functionality of the Service.
- We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking Cookies Data
- Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
- You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
- Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service. We send a session cookie to your computer when you log in to your User account. This type of cookie helps if you visit multiple pages on the Service during the same session, so that you don't need to enter your password on each page. Once you log out or close your browser, this cookie expires.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Longer-lasting Cookies. We use longer-lasting cookies for other purposes such as to display your Content and account information. We encode our cookie so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. Users always have the option of disabling cookies via their browser preferences. If you disable cookies on your browser, please note that some parts of our Service may not function as effectively or may be considerably slower.
Use of Data
- Galaxy Crowdfunding Pty Ltd ABN 71 622 444 142 uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To share personal information with our related entities for the purpose of providing other services
Retention of Data
- Galaxy Crowdfunding Pty Ltd ABN 71 622 444 142 will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
- Galaxy Crowdfunding Pty Ltd ABN 71 622 444 142 may dispose of information in our discretion without notice, subject to applicable law that specifically requires the handling or retention of information. You must keep your own, separate back-up records.
Transfer of Data
- Your information, including Personal information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
- If you are located outside Australia and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal information, to Australia and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
- Galaxy Crowdfunding Pty Ltd ABN 71 622 444 142 may disclose your Personal information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Galaxy Crowdfunding Pty Ltd ABN 71 622 444 142
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
- The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
- These third parties have access to your Personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- We may use your Personal information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
Compliance with Laws
- We may disclose personal information in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities.
- We will disclose your Personal information where required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or to protect the security or integrity of our Service.
- In the event that we sell or buy businesses or their assets, or engage in transfers, acquisitions, mergers, restructurings, changes of control and other similar transactions, customer or user information is generally one of the transferable business assets. Thus, your personal information may be subject to such a transfer. In the unlikely event of insolvency, personal information may be transferred to a trustee or debtor in possession and then to a subsequent purchaser.
Access and Correction
- Australian Privacy Principle 6 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) allows you to get access to, and correct, the personal information we hold about you in certain circumstances. If you would like to obtain such access, please contact us on the details set out above.
- Australian Privacy Principle 1 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) allows you to make a complaint about any alleged breaches of privacy. In order to lodge a complaint with us, please contact us using the details above with the following information:
Your name and address;
Details of the alleged breach of privacy; and
URL link to the alleged breach of privacy (if applicable).
- Please allow us 30 days to investigate your complaint, after which we will contact you immediately to resolve the issue.
Links to Other Sites
- We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
- We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal information from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.